A delicious treat that I have been perfecting for years!
While most usually consider cannoli filling to, well, go inside a cannoli…I love using it as a dip for a quicker treat on an occasion such as Valentine’s Day!
This is the same recipe I used a few weeks ago to make macarons but I’m not the most confident with my shell recipe. So, for today, I’m sticking with just the cannoli filling!
I wont bore you with a long story so have fun and let me know how you like it!
The Cannoli Filling Recipe:
Go ahead and place a Walmart Pickup order NOW and you can get this treat ready for making tomorrow! The most time-consuming part is draining your Ricotta, but it’s hands-off so you can multitask!
16 oz Ricotta (strained)
8oz Mascarpone cheese
3/4 cup Powdered sugar (divided)
1 1/2 cup Heavy cream
1 tsp+ Vanilla extract
1 Large Orange – Zest
1/4 tsp Salt
6-8 oz Mini chocolate chips
- Drain ricotta with cheesecloth in a strainer over a bowl for 1 hour or up to overnight
- Using a mixer, beat heavy cream and half of the sugar until you have stiff peaks
- In a serparate bowl, combine ricotta, mascarpone, remaining sugar, vanilla, zest, and salt. Once mixed, fold in whipped cream and mini chocolate chips. You dont want to overmix because you will lost some of the light airiness from the whipped cream.
- Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour; and serve!
- Dip strawberries, graham crackers, or even chocolate chip cookies and enjoy!
If you want to get more technical with your cannoli filling? Search for a recipe for macaron shells to up-level this baking challenge!
Have a favorite macaron shell recipe? DM me with the link to the recipe on Instagram and I just might try it and feature it once I’ve perfected my macaron!